This body is configured to reflect the Catholic Church’s commitment to collegiality and subsidiarity in accordance with the directions of the Second Vatican Council. The Christ the King Advisory Council is an advisory council to the Principal and Pastor. The Advisory Council assists the Principal and Pastor in developing and implementing policies and programs in order to achieve and maintain the mission statement of the School. Minutes from monthly meetings are posted on CKS's website - www.cks.org. Meetings are open to CKS parents by appointment. If you would like to attend, please notify the President. The Advisory Council does not discuss day-to-day operations of the school. Those concerns should be taken directly to the Principal.
Presentation by Non Members:
Any person or group desiring to address, or observe, a meeting of the School Advisory Council shall notify the President, in writing, of the nature of their request no less than seven (7) calendar days prior to the next meeting of the School Advisory council. On receipt of such a request, the President shall contact the Pastor and Principal. An affirmative vote of these three persons shall be required to approve such a request and the approval shall set forth the amount of time and nature of the presentation to be made. Notice of such presentations shall be given to each Advisory Council member in advance of the meeting at which it is to be made.
The functions of the School Advisory Council are to:
- Advise the Principal on policies, programs, services and strategic planning.
- Conduct special studies and assignments as requested by the Pastor or Principal.
- Advise the Principal and Pastor on financial matters including assisting the Principal in development of the annual school budget; determination of sources of funding of the annual operating budget; establishment of the annual tuition rates. All of these activities, when completed, will be submitted for approval by the Pastor before being published and/or implemented.
- Present Christ the King Catholic School to the public, to civic authorities, and to the Catholic community, as a school imparting quality Catholic education in all aspects of living: spiritual, intellectual, cultural, physical, social, and civic.
The Advisory Council does not:
- Discipline students
- Develop curriculum
- Approve instructional materials
- Hire/fire staff
- Write regulations
- Handle grievances
2017-2018 Advisory Council Members:
- President: Greg Ave
- Secretary: Jennifer O'Brien
- Jimmy Archie
- Betty Buraru
- Joe Cicardo
- Fred Donahue
- Beth Ann Huber
- Tim Hubach
- Colin Raymond
- Brian Tusa
- Dr. Michael Tolle
- Monsignor Zimmerman, Pastor
- Patrick O'Sullivan, Principal
- Anthony Interrante, Assistant Principal
- Lisa Bosco, Assistant Principal