Please note that Christ the King Catholic School will only accept 8th grade applications for students transferring from Catholic Schools, outside the Dallas area.
Admission/Denial to CKS is made after the Admission Committee considers the following:
- Christ the King Catholic School Placement Test
- Academic Readiness
- Previous Academic Performance
- Conduct and Behavior
- Family Interview
As per the state law in Texas, followed by the Diocese of Dallas and Christ the King Catholic School:
- Children must be 5 years old before September 1st in order to be admitted to Kindergarten
- Children must be 6 years old before September 1st in order to be admitted to 1st grade
- Immunization Record (provided by child's physician) must include month, day, and year of each immunization and the health care provider's signature or stamp. Students who are not in compliance will not be accepted.
Admission of new students to CKS is based on the following levels of priority, once academic and behavioral standards are met:
- Christ the King Parishioner Sibling
- Christ the King Parishioner
- Non-Parishioner Sibling
*A high level of priority is not a guarantee of admission, students must first meet the academic and behavioral standards set forth by Christ the King Catholic School.
* Eligible Catholic students transferring from other Catholic schools will be given priority over those transferring from local public schools.