MISSION OF CHRIST THE KING CATHOLIC SCHOOL
475 students, grades Pre-K - 8th grade
The faculty totals 50 professionals with 60% having earned master’s degrees or higher, in addition to multiple certifications. The faculty participates in research-based professional development opportunities nationwide throughout the year.
- CKS is a co-educational parish school founded in 1947 serving students in 4K & Developmental Kindergarten through 8th grade.
- Our hours are from 7:50 AM to 3:15 PM daily.
- We also offer an after school program, which is available daily until 6pm.
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO
- 4K: 2 teachers, 18 students- ratio= 1:9
- Developmental Kinder: 2 teachers, 22 students - ratio = 1:11
- K & 1st: 1 teacher and 1 full-time aide, 24 students - ratio = 1:12
- 2nd-8th: 1 teacher and 1 part-time aide/class, 25 students - ratio = 1:13
- Christ the King Catholic School offers a rigorous high school preparatory curriculum complete with all core subjects, as well as religion, art, music, Spanish, computer, library and physical education/health.
- We offer a gifted and talented program starting in the 2nd grade, with a SOAR (Students with Outstanding Ability in Reading/Math) program for 3rd-5th grades. There are Honors English and Honors Math classes for 6th-8th graders.
- 8th grade students participate in ISEE preparation and instruction guided by a test preparation teacher.
- Several academic competitions are entered every year; such as PSIA and St. Patrick’s Academic Fairs; spelling, geography, and religion bees; robotics competitions; and the Math Counts Competition.
- Students with outstanding achievement and citizenship in 7th and 8th grade are inducted into the National Junior Honor Society. Upper School students also participate in Student Council and our Saint House Program which builds unity across grade levels.
- Students participate in the Jr. and Sr. summer DECATS (DeBusk Enrichment Center for Academically Talented Students) program.
- In an effort to expose our students to various career opportunities, CKS hosts a Career Day, as well as a speaker program. These activities provide our students with many opportunities to develop leadership skills and set goals.
The sporting programs we offer are soccer, football, basketball, volleyball, baseball, softball, track, tennis, golf, swimming, cheerleading and lacrosse. Students in 4k-4th grade participate in sports through the YMCA. Beginning in 5th grade students participate in the Dallas Parochial League (DPL) in which 5th and 6th graders are the JV and 7th and 8th graders are Varsity level.
All students participate in music and art instruction. We also began a Thespian Society two years ago and the interested students in grade 2 and up can participate in a theatrical performance, we have had productions of Peter Pan and Shrek. Traditional band and three levels of choir are available for interested students as well as a hand bell ensemble.
Catholic Social Teachings permeate the campus as we fulfill our school mission. Sacraments are a large part of our Catholic faith, First Reconciliation and Communion are received in 2nd grade and Confirmation takes place in 8th grade. We celebrate Mass as a community every Friday and on Holy Days of Obligation. Catholic traditions are integrated throughout the curriculum.
Christ the King Catholic School of Dallas is fully accredited by the Texas Catholic Conference Education, AdvancEd/Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and by the Texas Educational Agency. The school is also affiliated with the National Catholic Educational Association.
Uniforms are mandatory and must be purchased from Risse Brothers Uniform.
Student Council, Texas Math League, National Junior Honor Society, Academic Fair, Altar Servers, Lectoring, Speech and Drama, Scouts, Band, Choir, and Hand bells
COMMUNITY SERVICE ENRICHMENT
Our “Crusaders Care” program encourages students to reflect on God’s calling to care for one another. All classes and teams participate in service opportunities throughout the year as they develop into confident servant leaders.