Our long–standing commitment to the Dallas community and its citizens is evident in part by our longevity! The church was founded in 1941 by Bishop Lynch with a membership of 250 families. Christ the King School opened in 1947 and has responded consistently to the growing needs of its parish community over the years. Buildings have been added to the complex, including a media center, computerized library, writing/research lab, a science/technology center, which houses a science laboratory and teaching space, a reading laboratory and computer laboratory, and a fine arts center.
Over the course of more than sixty years, the initiative and enthusiasm of the school administration, parish priests, faculty, and staff have contributed to the formation of a state–of–the–art school site where students may learn in the comfort and knowledge that their education is a top priority. The success of our school is due in large part to the special relationship that has always existed between the parish and school community. The Bernardine Sisters were committed to the administration of Christ the King School until 1991, when lay professionals took up the work of these wonderful women. We are truly a faith community who continues to respond to the needs of its members by providing quality education to our young people at an affordable price.
We are a parish, who pray and play together, who willingly provide our time and talents to ensure the spiritual and academic growth of our children. Such commitment of faculty, staff, administration, parents, parish priests, and members has been proven through the years by our steady growth in enrollment, by excellent certified faculty who continually strive to better their professional credentials, and by the parish's continuing visible role in support of our mission. Former students now choose to educate their own children here because of the loving traditional, yet innovative and creative, learning environment which Christ the King espouses.